When visiting the USA, individuals need to get a visa for legal entry. It is important for US visitors to keep in mind that the process of obtaining a USA visa might vary as per the type of visa being applied for. It is also important to note that even if an individual is successful in getting a US visa, this does not guarantee his or her entry into the nation. Nevertheless, it is important to have a visa to gain entry into the country. If you want to visit the United States and looking for an application form for USA visa, get online or contact a travel agency.
Types of USA visas
There are basically two important categories of visas available to the US visitors. There is the B-1 visa available to visitors entering the country on a temporary basis. These are people who visit the nation for business activities like conferences, meetings, consultations and negotiations. The B-2 visitor’s visa is issued to tourists. This visa also comes for individuals visiting the country for meeting friends and families or for some kind of medical treatment. The B-1 and B-2 visas are valid for a time span of six months and can even be extended on landing in the country. Individuals applying for a USA visa should demonstrate the purpose of their visit that can either be for medical treatment, pleasure or business. The time period for which they plan to stay in the country should also be clearly specified. It is also important for the applicants to prove their citizenship outside the USA.
Eligibility for the US visa
USA visas are generally granted based on what information the applicant has provided in the application form for USA visa. Some of the most important criteria that applicants to adhere to when filling in their application forms are as follows:
- Applicants should provide their residence contact details in the destination country.
- They must prove their financial stability.
- Applicants should not have a history of crime.
- It is important for the applicants to present a confirmation letter from their employer if they are visiting the US for business purpose. Letters of appointment are must to be presented by applicants for an academic visa.
- Passports of the applicants should come with the minimum validity of six months starting from the date when they applied for the visa.
- Proper details of return tickets validating the duration of their stay should be presented.
- Children and spouses of applicants should apply separately.
- Strong ties to resident countries should be shown by the applicants for negating risks of illegitimate immigration.
Different modes of applying for USA visa
Applicants can fill in the application form for USA visa either by going online or by consulting a travel agency. Regardless of the mode of visa application chosen applicants must clearly specify their purpose of visiting the USA and thus choose applications pertaining to the visa type. Proper documents need to be submitted and it is also important for the applicants to be fully prepared to face the visa interview.